Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Help needed Dell Vostro Laptop

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question Help needed Dell Vostro Laptop

    I have bought a Dell Vostro Laptop a month ago and today the thing will not turn on. All it has is a orange light that stays solid where the battery indicator light is. I have checked all the wires and they are fine and I plugged it in to a different plugin and the thing still will not even turn on. Does anyone have any clue as to what could be wrong with this? It has no power, just as if it is completely dead. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile Re: Help needed Dell Vostro Laptop

    AHH got it fixed. I called Dell and I had to remove my disk drive and memory card and it turned on!! YAY! Apparently the memory card had came loose.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member LPDfanincarolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help needed Dell Vostro Laptop

    I bought a Dell Vostro laptop about three months ago. I have had to send it back to Dell twice. First time it never would power up and the second time it worked for about six hours before it blue screened on me. I got it back from Dell this last time and it seems to be doing ok. However I can not trust it so I gave it to my niece for her schoolwork. Dell did upgrade the memory and camera for all the trouble I was having with it. The support people were a class act. They tried everything they could both times before I sent it back to them.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help needed Dell Vostro Laptop

    the lady that I talked to last night was pretty nice. I am not very mechanically inclined so when she started telling me to get the screwdriver out, I got a bit nervous. I always think that I am going to screw something up. I like this laptop but it just really acts weird sometimes. Hopefully I won't have to call them again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •